Welcome to the Minieri Memo Marketing Trends Section! We are your source for modern marketing tips, trends and data. Below, you'll find interesting statistics on marketing, purchasing trends and technology trends, as well as helpful articles on hot marketing topics! Take a look and let us know if you have questions or comments. Enjoy!
Many marketing firms encourage customers to build an overly complex website. Afterall, you want your company to stand out and what better way to stand out then with a unique website? This trend has been popular for years, but as with all trends, things change and new norms are established.
One of the hottest marketing topics in today’s business world is content marketing and it’s changing the way websites are developed in a big way. With mobile device usage on the rise, busy, graphic intensive websites are becoming obsolete and can even hinder user experiences. Creative content is now replacing the need for a unique website. Now, websites are moving in the direction of acting as a blank canvas to display a company’s creative content. Websites are trending very simple and clean with instant load times so visitors can view the amazing content that tells the story about the business and the people who work there. Content is now King and should be the main focus of modern business owners. Content should include visual graphic banners and advertisements, multiple videos shorts, and blog or publication articles. The website should now act as a quick display for visitors to understand the company message and mission and see that message expressed in visual form. Think of the modern website as the main hub and source of your best content!
If your website itself is the coolest thing you have going on from a marketing standpoint, then you may be a perfect candidate for a Minieri Marketing Makeover! Remember, your visual messages, video stories and narrations, and written stories are what make you unique - not your website! If your website has all sorts of amazing and engaging content, then the website over experience will be a huge success!
Social Media Marketing is exploding! It’s one of the hottest marketing trends and also one of the most confusing for business owners. As professional entrepreneurs and marketing experts, we are constantly asked for advice on Social Media. Often, business owners feel frustrated with either lack of knowledge about social media or lack of results. Before we give advice on the topic, let’s hit the breaks and touch on a few key points first!
1. Not every business should be marketing the same way. This is an extremely important concept to understand for every business owner in every industry. What works for one industry will not necessarily work for another. There is no one universal strategy to implement with any marketing medium.
2. As with all marketing, social media is a communication tool. Think of it as a unique tool or method of connecting with customers and potential customers. B2B vs B2C can often be a key differentiator in social media marketing strategies.
3. Know how to use the tool of social media to benefit your business. As business and marketing experts, we at M&Co personally evaluate each client‘s company and determine the best strategy for that company. A bakery, for example, should be posting daily about their muffin specials. They should be very focused on social media and connecting with customers. For the bakery, social media is a powerful tool to broadcast daily specials and attract buyers.
4. Don’t feel bad if social media doesn’t work for you in the same way if works for someone else. Just because the bakery example mentioned above uses social media daily and attracts new followers in droves doesn’t mean another business should expect similar results. A plumber, for example, probably doesn’t run daily specials and may not attract a social media following. Most people don’t follow what their plumber is up to unless they have a actual need. So, for the plumber, weekly posts to help boost organic search ranking may be a winning strategy. If no one “likes” your plumbing posts, don’t stress! A major overlooked benefit of social and content posts is that they all help push your search engine placement and map listings!
5. All businesses are products of their owners and all owners have unique personalities. This should be taken into account just as much as the industry you are a part of. A very outgoing and comic plumber may find himself drawing a crowd for an otherwise boring plumbing company. Similarly, a bakery owner who is shy may struggle with connecting with customers and may never build a following large enough to make their daily posts effective. Personality is crucial for social media success and is a major factor in our M&Co business marketing evaluation. That shy bakery owner would need a spokesmodel to speak for them, while the eccentric plumber needs his own mini reality plumbing show. Fortunately for our customers, M&Co is uniquely positioned to cater to all of our small business clients‘ specific needs and create the perfect maresting plan just for YOU!
Having trouble getting started with Social Media? Don’t worry! As with all things in life, marketing a business is a learned skill. Hire professionals like us to manage your account or learn yourself and use us to compliment the tasks that are over your head. We are happy to schedule marketing training sessions with our clients to help you better utilize and implement your marketing assets and tools. Don’t get frustrated and overwhelmed! Call (980) 221-2700 today!
Stay informed of the latest marketing trends with the Minieri Memo, information for your success!